10.13.2010

A Queen is born

So, I’ve started a blog, but I am not yet entirely sure why? It’s not that my life is uber-exciting, not at the moment anyway! Oh, I have had a grand olde time over the last 30 years since HS graduation, reinventing myself and doing all sorts of fun stuff - did the army thing as a photographer; finished college; lived in Nashville for a while; went to law school in Chicago (the greatest town on earth!); did a 7-year stint as a litigation attorney with the Federal Election Commission; worked in the virtual world of creating websites; started my own business; adopted two fantastic girls from China; and in the last few years became a total gym rat. It has been loads of fun, and my personal philosophy all along has been that when I get to a fork in the road, I generally take it. Things usually get a major overhaul with me about every seven years just for kicks. Honestly, I think I have a recurring, acute seven-year itch, well, except with my husband, who I remind every day how lucky (or perhaps unlucky) he is to have survived more than two cycles already and is showing no signs of escape. So what now? Now, I am just coasting and enjoying it, doing some painting, photography, gardening, writing, dancing, biking, and still living much of my life in the gym. I think I really like being the queen of dabbling. In fact, that is how I arrived at my new official title...

- Tonda, Queen of Dabblin

No comments: